Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Light and Lilac



Blazer;skirt: Express; shirt: The Limited; necklace: F21; wedges:?
So I've been trying to spice up my wardrobe a bit and try to create outfits that I normally wouldn't wear. I've really been loving the idea of splitting up my suits and using my blazers to complete an outfit. So with all the rain, the temp's been a lot cooler and I've been able to wear blazers with a couple of outfits. I was surprised at how chic they can make a simple outfit look. I have a lot of blazers, a lot, for work, and the other day I found the one I'm wearing from Express with the tags still on buried deep in my closet. It has the coolest leopard print pattern on the lining. I ripped them off and decided to wear it with this silk skirt that I had also never worn. I was very pleased with the results! It's still been pouring like crazy, so I wore the wedges that I didn't mind sacrificing to the rain and they also gave me some lift in avoiding puddles.

4 comments:

  1. Corpus Christi is my home town so this is exciting to find a fellow blogger from there. Love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I found this blog, I'm moving to the Fort Hood area of TX soon, will you be posting anymore on this blog? I'd like to see some updated posts on what is in fashion these days.

    ReplyDelete